Dr. Robert Bear is a partner of Peak Heart & Vascular and a board-certified cardiologist. Dr. Bear has been practicing general cardiology for more than 25 years diagnosing and treating a wide range of cardiovascular disorders such as hypertension, lipid disorders, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, and cardiac arrhythmias.
Dr. Bear’s practice also includes preventative cardiology. He practices both primary (preventing a future cardiovascular event in an asymptomatic patient) and secondary (preventing a repeat cardiovascular event) prevention. Using modern software, technology, as well as laboratory and imaging studies, Dr. Bear identifies which asymptomatic individuals are at the highest risk for developing a future cardiovascular event. Then, he prescribes the appropriate lifestyle changes and medications to reduce their risk. Similar technology is used to prevent repeat cardiovascular events.
Dr. Bear graduated medical school from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1985. He went on to complete his residency in internal medicine from Kennedy Memorial Hospital University Medical Center in Stratford New Jersey. He completed his cardiology fellowship at Chicago Osteopathic Medical Center. He performed another fellowship in interventional cardiology at the University of Virginia Medical Center. He is board-certified in internal medicine and cardiology.
His goal is to keep his patients happy and healthy by providing the best possible care.
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1985
Residency & Fellowship
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Kennedy Memorial Hospital
- Fellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, Chicago Osteopathic Medical Center
- Fellowship, Interventional Cardiology
- The American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine
- The American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiology
Professional Appointments and Memberships
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- American Osteopathic Association
- Served as Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Served on a variety of Committees including Utilization Review and Critical Care
- Johns Hopkins University “Housestaff GIM Research Award”
- AAPI “Most Distinguished Resident Physician Award”, 2006